About my header

My shed is my header by my son Darrell, He painted the Robin for me and said that it reminded him of me. Because Robins use other birds nest and if there is an egg in it, they will take care of it just like its their own. He said thats what I do, I have always taken care of others in need of a home when I come across someone in need. Isnt that Sweet, I had told him I wanted a bird and this is the one he chose. Robins have solid blue eggs which are the symbols for him and his brothers and the speckled egg are the others I have taken into my home. It was very touching to me because he researched his piece, He is a true artist and has lots of great jobs. my neighbor had hers done to

Monday, April 6, 2015

umbrella prints trimmings competition

2015 Umbrella Prints Trimmings Challenge #umbrellaprintstrimmingschallenge


WELCOME TO THE 2015 Umbrella Prints Trimmings Challenge. It's our sixth year running!

You will notice a few changes this year, we have been listening to your feedback and think we have a fair and awesome challenge.

This is a unique challenge where you have the opportunity to create & share something different and wonderful from the little pieces of our printed fabric we call Trimmings. We are looking for work by designers, artists, quilters, makers, tinkers, film makers, animators, children, professionals, thinkers and YOU.

PRIZES
We have two major prizes this year, both will be chosen based on skill & creativity.

Makers' Prize
$300 cash for the most innovative, beautiful, creative and well presented entry as judged by Umbrella Prints.

Quilters' Prize
To celebrate the skills of the quilting community we have $300 worth of Umbrella Prints organic fabric or product to give for the most outstanding quilt, chosen by an industry judge.

and we have ...  
5 Golden Tickets
How fun will it be to find a Golden ticket in your Trimmings packet! We will be slipping shining golden tickets into 5 lucky packets. Ticket holders receive an Umbrella Prints prize valued at $50.

NEW Audience Prize
In order to encourage the love and sharing of all your hard work we will randomly gift a lucky person who comments & repins* with $100 worth of Umbrella Prints fabric.

*Entries are posted to this Pinterest board on June 1 - repin & comment on all your favourite Trimmings creations to be in the running to win this prize.





What can you make/do with Umbrella Prints' Trimmings? 
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE IN THE CHALLENGE?

It's really simple
1. Buy your Umbrella Prints Trimmings from our online shop 

2. Take a clear, simple & beautiful photo of what you make/do with your Umbrella Prints Trimmings

3.  Post your photo to the internet - Instagram (#umbrellaprintstrimmingschallenge), Pinterest, Blog, Flickr or website and share your story linking to Umbrella Prints.

4. Most importantly, email umbrellaprints@yahoo.com.au with a link to where you have shared your photo online so that we can find you!

We will pin your photo to the 2015 Umbrella Prints Trimmings Challenge  board on Pinterest on June 1. Come check out what everyone has made.  


DATES 
Challenge Starts March 2 Buy your Trimmings packet here
Create your entry March 2 - May 30
Entries Close May 30
Viewing June 1 - 4 Comment and repin!
Winners Announced June 5 
I am posting this to keep me on track, i love this competition, its a challenge for me..            

my first entry 2013


my second entry 2014




Kayliegh the new addition to our family this week... 
I take this personally, every year I make something better and better.. the pinterest board is gorgeous.. check it out.. 

1 comment: